Resume Review via Email (for JCTC Students)
Use the Crew Career Center’s Online Resume Review service to receive feedback on your emailed resume within 2 business days. Please keep in mind that resume reviews are only for JCTC current students; all other clients are encouraged to visit the CREW Center for additional information and services. Review these points before submission:
- Review the resume worksheet (pdf) and resume samples (below) for assistance in formatting your resume draft.
- Do not use a resume template. (Making changes to a resume template is difficult)
- Submit your resume as a Microsoft Word document (.doc, .docx) or Rich Text Format document (.rtf) as an attachment. If you submit your resume with another file extension, you will be asked to resubmit the draft.
- Include your major and career area in the body of your email.
- Feedback will be sent once; if you have additional questions or need additional help, please visit one of our offices.
- Resume feedback will not be stored by our staff. Be sure to save the document with feedback to a USB drive and bring that document into our office if you need additional assistance.
Email your attached resume from your KCTCS email address only to: email@example.com
Sample Resumes for Students
Below are sample resumes for different majors. Use these as guides to help you develop your own resume.
Start a New Resume
Professional references are often required when you job search. Use this worksheet to learn more about references.
You should begin your job descriptions with strong action verbs. Use this list to get started.
You should include relevant skills in your resume. Using this sheet, you can locate your major and begin to customize the skills on your resume.
You should write a cover letter that is customized to each position for which you are applying. Review this packet to assist you in creating your cover letter.
You should find ways to include the top skills all employers seek in your resume. Use this list to get started.